Thursday, January 14, 2010

January 13th

I'm so sad to see this plant die... But I think it's time. I bought this for myself on my birthday about three years ago in Flagstaff. It had rather large leaves on it, almost the size of my hand. Then it got a disease, and I cut back the entire plant, only leaving a stump. Amazingly, it grew back, but the leaves were tiny, like a bonsai. Once we moved to Portland, it got a weird fungus on the soil, and as much as I scraped it, alcohol sprayed it, ect. it just didn't go away, but it didn't seem to be hurting the plant. The other day, I noticed it was dry, so I watered it. Now it's dead. I guess it didn't like to be watered. The stump is a weird color, so I'm afraid whatever is killing it is in the roots now. So long plant... you were one of my favorites..

No comments: