Wednesday, April 28, 2010

New Year/New Me.

I had a conversation with a friend recently about the idea of birthday resolutions. She was saying they make so much more sense then on the new year, because your birthday is all about you. I agree. I really wanted to kick it up this year, mostly because I have given myself excuse after excuse as to why not to work out etc. So this is the year. It's the first time that I've made a resolution on my birthday, so I'm a little nervous, but I feel much more attached to the idea. Basically, I want to be in the best shape in my life by my 30th birthday. That gives me one year. I think I can handle it. Not only that, but I also want to change the way I do things, starting with my hair. It's getting chopped off tomorrow at 2pm. I also received birthday money which I am going to spend on myself for once. Aaron told me, "Maybe this year you can spend your birthday money on yourself." So, as much as I hate doing that, and as much as I can see better things to spend money on, like putting more towards, or putting it in savings.. I'm going to go shopping. I'm wearing the same clothes I bought years ago, and I think the last time I went shopping (for clothes) was when I got the counseling job at FALA. (That was in December of 2006...) So I've bagged up three bags of clothes that I'm taking to Goodwill as the first step. We'll see how tomorrow plays out, but I'm kind of excited! Other things I want to do this year:
1. Run, and run enough to get to the point where I LIKE it... which may take awhile, but I'm willing to try it.
2. Drink more water, and less beer. More tea, and less coffee.
3. Become more organized... this is a loaded goal, but I have some specific things in mind.
4. Eat more fruit. I eat veggies all the time, but I don't feel like I eat enough fruit.
5. Eat less sugar. This is a little easier, as I don't have much of a sweet tooth.. but..
So here it starts. It's kind of funny that I'm sick right now... like my body is cleansing, and getting ready to become more "healthified". Here's to my last year of the twenties!

No comments: